To protect RBCCM’s brand and enable achievement of business goals through an integrated compliance culture and program across the enterprise by:
• Aligning regulatory priorities with the Business and RBC;
• Creating and maintaining an effective relationship with regulators to enable reputation and regulatory issues to be appropriately managed;
• Establishing and maintaining a strong, effective control environment; and
• Identifying and communicating compliance risks inherent in the business to senior management and the business.
Senior Manager/Assistant Director within Capital Markets Compliance London with responsibility for advising on regulatory matters affecting Global Markets businesses within RBCCM London.
• being the primary Compliance contact for Base Metals, Futures and FX;
• providing support to the primary compliance contact for FIC and DCM;
• keeping abreast of regulatory developments, in particular those arising local/European level and conducting the necessary analysis to assess the potential impact on Global Markets businesses;
• drafting appropriate compliance communications;
• providing pro-active and timely advice on regulatory and firm policy requirements;
• conducting product research driven by new product/business initiatives within Global Markets and providing the Compliance/regulatory input in relation to those initiatives for the desks for which you have primary responsibility;
• undertaking ad hoc compliance monitoring reviews;
• devising compliance policies, procedures and processes to enable Global Markets business units to comply with current regulatory and firm policy requirements;
• assisting in devising and delivering appropriate training and other forms of communication and monitoring adherence to such training and communications;
• participating as required in internal investigations into potential breaches of regulatory and firm policies; and advise and assist Compliance colleagues in Canada, U.S.A, Australia and Asia on the UK regulatory position of matters relating to global initiatives/projects.
AUTHORITIES, IMPACT, RISK:
• Complete freedom of access to records relating to the business of RBC Group companies including investment business activity and members of staff involved in all such activities.
• Authority to act on behalf of RBC Group companies in dealings with the FSA in relation to matters requiring attention under the Act and/or the Rules and Regulations of the FSA.
• Being appropriately advised of business developments
• Having appropriate IT resources and budgets to be able to identify the risk.
• Having appropriate quantity and quality of expertise within the department to be able to fulfill the remit of my mandate.
• Timely and technically accurate advice;
• Complete drafts of compliance guidance, policy and procedures (where the need for such communication has been identified);
• Creation and delivery of appropriate training modules for RBCCM front office staff (where the need for such training has been identified).
• Complete desk monitoring reviews as required.
Appropriate management of compliance personnel assigned to assist with regulatory matters comprising primary areas of responsibility.
• Martin Carbin, Director, Compliance Advisory Group
• Jeremy Thomas, Head of European Markets Compliance, RBCCM
• Primary Compliance contacts for Global Markets Businesses in London
• good understanding of the UK regulatory environment;
• good understanding of the FSA Handbook;
• good understanding of issues pertaining to public /private information flows;
• good understanding of Treating Customers Fairly Regime;
• good understanding of structured products, credit and equity finance and credit trading;
• general understanding of SYSC rules pertaining to managing potential conflicts of interest;
• excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• strong analytical skills;
• strong attention to detail;
• good interpersonal skills;
• general common sense;
• flexibility in attitude /approach to work;
• good use of initiative and organised.
• Good practical knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Located in London, UK
• Office environment
• Moderate travel
• Fast pace/work under pressure
• Attention to detail as well as strategic overview