Within Ernst & Young's Assurance service line, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provide advisory services to a wide range of clients covering a very broad spectrum of services.
We currently have a career opportunity for Senior Managers (to be based in Riyadh, Jeddah, Al Khobar, Doha, Dubai and Abu Dhabi) with deep knowledge of one or more of the following competencies:
► Corporate Treasury
► Accounting and financial policies and procedures manual
► Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP)
· ► Consolidations support
· ► Financial Reporting Design/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting
· ► Transaction accounting support/Purchase Price Allocations
· ► Accounting processes support
· ► Finance function transformation
· ► Be responsible for leading multiple engagement teams as a senior firm executive within FAAS.
· ► Collaborate with the partner and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
· ► Participate and/or manage FAAS engagements.
· ► Ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented.
· ► Ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
· ► Deliver effective execution of the FAAS service delivery framework.
· ► Work with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery.
· ►Monitor the FAAS engagement team's performance against the budget, and alter if necessary.
· ► Identify and communicate relevant trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client.
· ► Consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues.
· ► Participate in sales of new FAAS work.
· ► Develop and maintain strong networks, both inside and outside the firm, to communicate the value of EY services and grow the business.
· ► Endeavor to serve clients, to be visible in the marketplace, and to be recognized as a quality service provider.
To qualify, candidates must have:
►a bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
►an undergraduate or master's degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
►at least 7 years of experience (including at least three years as a manager) working as an auditor for a public accounting firm and particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
►Strong advisory (selling) mindset
►strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
►deep understanding of the client's industry and marketplace
►strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
►strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills. Fluency in Arabic/English is required
►ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
►flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary.