- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation - identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Provide advice in the formulation and development of Business Intelligence framework, policies and guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development Business Intelligence strategies and initiatives to meet targets in alignment with the division /MTN corporate strategy and in response to events or changes impacting departmental activities.
- Assess resource requirements for the department, propose budget and actively monitor the approved budget, ensuring it is used in accordance with MTN expenditure regulations.
- Research and understand best practice in tariff planning and strategy and review MTNN tariff/pricing strategy on all commercial /retail tariffs and interconnected tariff regimes and ensure quality in accordance with best practice /MTN standards.
- Review the budget process and ensure that quality drivers/assumptions for business plans and the business rules are correctly applied to the process and the forecasting scenarios; and improve continually the forecasting strategy and methodology for MTNN.
- Carry out quality assurance on business plans and pricing analysis in alignment with MTN business planning methodology and pricing strategy.
- Coordinate/Liaise with departments within Marketing and MTNN on feasibility of any new or modified product or promotion and or activity that requires a financial assessment, to fully understand the impact on MTNN’s business plan.
- Manage the monitoring of product / promotion / activity to ensure that it adheres to MTNN’s business plan and provide feedback to senior management as requested.
- Assure integrity of financial modeling projects and review the feasibility assumptions used versus actual behavior in market after launch of product, promotion or activity.
- Review business processes within the department for effectiveness and efficiency in services, identify areas for improvement and execute action plans to eliminate process dysfunction.
- Interact with regulatory authorities (e.g. NCC) to ensure all aspects of the telecoms industry in Nigeria are properly understood and build relationships with other telecommunications networks to ensure that MTNN is on the forefront on its tariff strategy.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours