A Business Development professional who is passionate about successfully introducing your company’s unique value proposition to alliance partners and executive leadership of target client organizations. You understand the combination of multi-channel marketing, multi-channel commerce, and technology and are viewed as someone partners and clients can look to for ideas and solutions. Comfortable working with partners and clients to bring a holistic approach to the customer experience.
You understand the full breadth of your company’s capabilities, but also understand how to innovate by leveraging best-of-breed partners to enable the right answer for your client. A trusted advisor to the pitch teams, partners, and prospects; creating value by solving real business problems. You have realized that you want to broaden and deepen your career by joining a company that offers its partners and clients a unique combination of smart creative, sophisticated customer experiences and technological horsepower that delivers real business value. At the same time, you understand how to balance the partner community you have and how to have the transparent conversations that instill trust and integrity.
Finally – you live to collaborate, network and sell. There is nothing better than the feeling of partnering to close a deal that will bring success to the client and financial gain to your organization. You are expert at opening doors and qualifying opportunities. You are also a collaborator who understands how to work across a network of partners, leverage key internal capabilities and work with pitch teams to ensure the best solution and results for the client. You know how to network and work your way into a partnership situation and client situation while building your company’s reputation at every step. You are the sales professional that people, partners, and clients want to do business with because they believe that you will do only what is right for them – your business ethics shine through.
- Solid understanding of multi-channel commerce and marketing, and the best-of-breed technology that enable these business processes
- Originate new business opportunities directly and through alliance partners
- Proven experience driving alliance sales and management, designing joint business plans, managing the partner program initiatives, and performing territory planning and execution with key partners across the SapientNitro business units you support
- Understand established partner programs and navigate within them to add consistent value across the SapientNitro business units you support
- Collaborate with alliance leads to communicate updates and identify potential partner conflicts across the SapientNitro network
- Communicate in a timely and open fashion with partners whether the conversation is around a key opportunity, potential conflict, or constructive feedback
- Manage internal expectations around sales, delivery, capacity and capability requirements
- Quickly gain alignment on alliance strategies across diverse and passionate internal stakeholders
- Foster executive relationships and provide strategic counsel to Sapient’s senior executives, senior partner executives, and client executives
- Work in a sales environment and understand how to impact Sapient revenue streams and profitability
- Take a partner relationship from inception to multiple wins and drive significant revenues quickly
- Leverage Sapient’s unique blend of services to create Partner and Client Success and expand Sapient’s business
- 7+ years of business experience, managing partnerships and or enterprise technology sales experience development within marketing, commerce, content, merchandising, and support.
- Experience within an interactive agency preferred.
- Experience in selling “traditional” consulting services such as Business and IT Strategy, Application design and development and eCommerce systems design and development strongly desired
- Track record of meeting/exceeding annual sales quota based on new client acquisition
- A self starter who is resourceful and creative with their approach to getting things done
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including public speaking
- Undergraduate degree, MBA, or business background preferred