- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation - identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing plan and programs to achieve set targets for profitability, revenue, value and market share, retention churn, etc (short-term and long-term)
- Implement market growth strategy in conjunction with Product Development Managers, ES Sales and other stakeholders
- Define market needs based on relevant value proposition packages for the Corporate Segment market
- Develop strategy for promotional propositions to acquire new customers and stimulate usage amongst existing customers
- Identify and analyse new and emerging trends and understand their impact on needs for the future
- Develop and execute segment specific promotions to achieve specific market objectives
- Define and prioritise customer segment data and customer intelligence requirements.
- Identify, analyse and facilitate business growth through alliances and association marketing approaches.
- Utilize strategic marketing mix and channel options to deliver marketing offers to target markets (strategic alliances, bundling, augmented product)
- Lead and facilitate the discussion and negotiation of strategic issues with the senior leadership team across the organization and provide high-level strategic advice and guidance that relates to the segment.
- Customize and differentiate MTN Business product and service offerings in the market
- Design customers lifecycle extension plan so as to take advantage of market opportunities
- Initiate and interpret research as it concerns the Corporate Segment market
- Assess market based segmentation in the segment strategy development process (apply needs based segmentation).
- Direct customer insight and market intelligence
- Develop detailed understanding of customer segment needs, behavior, attitudes, and buyer values
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Regional, national and international travel may be required.
- Experience & Training.
Experience and Training
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary qualification / Masters advantageous in Business Admin
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- First degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or any relevant discipline
- 10 years working experience which includes:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in marketing, strategy development and implementation
- Relevant experience in Business Development
- Business to Business marketing training
- Strategic marketing and competitive analysis
- Marketing Management and decision making
- Presentation skills
- Management development programmes.