- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Continuously review performance management trends, contribute to the development of strategy and provide advisory services to line management and supervisors with respect to performance management and recognition
- Enable and support operational transformation across the business and define key performance indicators to measure success at the Enterprise, Divisional and Individual levels.
- Ensuring clear and shared understanding of business performance drivers and KPI alignment.
- Ensuring alignment between the investment in people through the IPF process and improvement in business performance.
- Proactively measuring and tracking performance to sustain Business performance (EBITDA per Employee, GCA Result, etc. )
- Proactively monitoring and tracking poor performance improvements
- Identify and deploy metrics to improve business performance.
- Implement and coordinate employee performance management and recognition activities within MTNN including performance target setting campaigns and appraisal system improvement feedback.
- Oversee the Performance Appraisal and Agreement component of the IPF Framework for all employees.
- Conduct spot checks on business deliverables and proactively escalate issues to MTNN leadership team where required.