This role focuses on the development of the Debit product strategy and subsequent delivery of this across Europe.
- Developing the Debit product strategy through a detailed analysis of the current product set, the identification and assessment of potential product features and the development of the new product set
- Responsible for ensuring the revised product strategy meets fully both members (banks) and customers needs across Europe
- Develop the most effective plan to integrate existing and new Future of Payments products into the new product set
- Ensure the business case works for all key stakeholders – Visa, members and consumers
- Getting input and buy-in to the proposed Debit product strategy from key stakeholders around the business
- Develop the most effective implementation plan to move from the existing product set to the new revised Debit offering
- In delivering the new product set, work effectively with a number of areas across the business. Key touch points will include Legal, Relationship Management & Sales, Risk, Strategy, Corporate Communications, as well as other areas across Marketing, such as Innovation and Loyalty.
- Define and begin execution of the process for the “sunsetting” of legacy products and features
- Deliver the new product set in a seamless and effective way, maximising the opportunities for new business, whilst minimising any potential adverse impacts of change.
- Ongoing management of the new product set, maximising the opportunity for both Visa Europe and its members
- Developing best practises for various aspects of the product and communication of this to members, as well as members to consumers
- Be able to demonstrate significant product management/development experience, with a track record of having undertaken a product redesign project from analysis of the current product set to implementation of the new product offering
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset, focusing on delivering solutions that work for Visa and its members and provide competitive advantage
- The ideal candidate would show experience of taking a product or service idea and engaging with different parts of a business to bring it to life.
- Be able to develop strong and effective relationships across an organisation, thereby taking others with you
- A real drive to “make a difference” and deliver key milestones on time to a high quality – demonstrating a real passion for making things happen
- Be educated to degree level or hold an equivalent professional qualification
- A track record of delivering change through adopting a proactive and persistent approach, overcoming barriers/concerns in an effective way
- Be able to focus on the agreed target/result, rather than the tasks along the way, and strive to achieve this at pace
- Demonstrate a commercial mindset, with an understanding of the commercial drivers for both Visa and members. Have significant experience of developing a strategy, plan and business case
- Have significant experience in the Payments and Retail Banking industry