The post holder will maintain close relationships with key stakeholders, these include: Pricing Network Planning Global Sales and Distribution Ground Operations E-Commerce Third party vendors.
- The Senior Manager RM is responsible to achieve the maximization of the revenue and profitability of Arik by developing/implementing Revenue Management strategies in both Inventory & Distribution.
- Manages Revenue Optimization, Revenue Integrity Units to optimize net position contribution for Arik, supporting the VP in developing the revenue strategy on all routes and markets across Arik Network.
Inventory Management and Route Optimisation
- Understand the implications of external market dynamics and competitor activity on the business and react accordingly with appropriate development of Revenue management strategies.
- Identify traffic flows and business opportunities to maximize revenue across routes.
- Keep abreast of competitive environment and best practices to revitalize revenue management strategies and tactics.
- Determine seat allocations to optimize the fare mix, forecast demand for each fare product and overbook seat sales to account for cancellations.
- Work with Network team to optimize schedules and passenger opportunities.
- Validate existing capacity in relation to demand and propose changes as required.
- Apply accurate demand forecasts across the business.
- Apply strategies and objectives at a macro and micro flight-by-flight level, through managing bucket price levels against changing demand, seasons and market conditions.
- Manage and provide updates on performance in relation to planned revenue targets on an ongoing basis. Implement strategies to correct short-falls and leverage opportunities.
- Prepare guidelines and tools to support/enable decision making by Revenue Management team
- Monitor, interpret and share results of various reports with stakeholders to:
- Guide and implement post auditing on pricing and RM tactics.
- Guide and implement POS / channel strategies vis a vis pricing/mappings etc.
- Define continuous improvements on KPI.
- Develop and improve the team competencies.
- Ensure revenue management principles and strategies are fully understood and applied by each Analyst.
- Monitor Analysts’ performance and help them identify new opportunities on their routes.
- Ensure that Arik revenue management systems, techniques and technology improve and evolve to keep ahead of market competitors.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree with 6- 7 years of work experience in similar role.
- Demonstrated strong expertise in Revenue Management gained in an airline environment.
- Good knowledge of latest Revenue Management strategy & tactics.
- Strong expertise in Revenue Management, Ticketing and Distribution software: MARS, GDS knowledge. Previous experience with Aviator would be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of travel markets/trends and particularly of markets in Arik Network.
- Knowledge of the complete marketing mix and its impact at contribution level.
- Strong commercial focus and financial awareness/understanding.
- Ability to manage a team in periods of heavy workload and time pressures.
- Ability to work with/manage experts in a strongly technical environment.
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent decision, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work on own initiative and flexible to adapt to business requirements.
- Strong team work and ability to coach Analysts and Direct Report Manager.