Reporting to the Head of Global Sponsorship, Donations and Event Management for RBC WM, this position is responsible for the management of sponsorship activities that support the RBC WM Brand and UHNW client hosting for the UK Market.
- Assist in the negotiation of sponsorship contracts (including brand positioning and rights and benefits) and managing the contract through the legal process according to RBC WM standards.
- Management and activation of Wealth UK Sponsorship activities within the including; fulfillment of sponsorship assets and activation including; delivery of on-site signage, coordination of executive speaking opportunities, approval of WM logo, distribution of tickets/tables, management of client hosting events and sharing of employee benefits.
- Work in collaboration with the BIC Marketing Team to help identify other marketing channels related to the event (e.g. advertising and collateral).
- Ensure management of the critical path (key timelines) and budget for each sponsorship initiative.
- Provide metrics (qualitative and quantitative) for each initiative which will ultimately be part of a Sponsorship Summary for BIC, feeding into the annual planning process.
- Assist in the annual strategic development of the BIC Sponsorship Strategy through the gathering of information on identified business objectives, target demographics, priority markets and competitive analysis (including other leadership brands active in WM category), metrics and a
- SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis.
- Access and provide a summary of sponsorship opportunities aligned to the RBC WM Sponsorship Themes. Summary to include an evaluation of brand and client hosting benefits relative to cost.
- Oversee preparation of the UK events calendar and integration with the global sponsorship calendar.
- Position includes one direct report.
- Educated to a degree level, preferably in a complimentary discipline.
- Previous Experience in sponsorship marketing & event management in the Financial Services Category.
- Preferably a blend of experience in both the Arts and Sporting Events for HNW & UHNW clients.
- A desire to build upon and further a career in sponsorship marketing, particularly in the wealth management/financial services category.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven project management and organization skills.
- Ability to work very effectively as part of a team.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet changing business needs.
- Strong ability to multi-task with strong time management skills.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.