• Extract value from what we already have through partnership focused vendor management initiatives such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
• Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
• Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
• Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
• Review market and contribute to the development of marketing strategies for MTNN EBU, demonstrating an understanding of MTNN direction and business strategies.
• Develop, implement, and responsible for performance KPI’s and Metrics of vendor management program for multiple national programs.
• Establish and maintain regular vendor governance process. Facilitate all meetings and provide readout to program leadership and key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with stakeholders on administration of contracts to ensure performance, resource plans, and payments are met in adherence with the project plan.
• Identify and escalate contractual issues problematic or inconsistent with company processes.
• Develop vendor management processes and dashboards using advanced project management and analytics methodologies.
• Create vendor notifications, participates in requests for proposals and various other contractual documentation.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant contractual procedures and practices to appropriately analyze terms and conditions of contracts
• Evaluate operational issues and considerations in vendor contract enforcement, and work with key stakeholders to administer get well plans.
• Create standardized material, forms, and documents for vendor contract administration and management.
• Provide support to various teams in terms of contract documentation interpretation.
• Exercise penalties, as appropriate, where a vendor’s performance is deficient.
• Train and develop personnel in the effective use of tools, products, and procedures and delivers training.
• Participate in tool selection and development of vendor management tools
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Regional, national and international travel
Experience & Training
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications – Analytical background
• 10 years’ work experience which includes:
• Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in B2B
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
• 4 years management experience in telecommunication industry and customer negotiations
• Experience in coaching/knowledge transfer role
• Marketing Management and Decision Taking courses
• Presentation skills
• Management development programmes.