A key role across two of BT’s most exciting products –BT TV and BT Sport:
The objective of this role is to take full ownership of the BT Sport and BT TV customer base and deliver high performing marketing campaigns to our high value customers. The candidate will manage and deliver retention marketing strategies, budget, campaigns and manage stakeholders to reduce customer churn, increase ARPU and encourage ongoing usage.
This role sits within the wider Consumer Retention marketing team responsible for managing the relationship with existing customers and reducing overall BT Consumer churn.
• Retention Marketing Strategy: base management campaign strategy and delivery: Implement the TV and Sport in-life marketing strategy and customer base management plan - underpinned by customer insight, performance of existing activity and commercial objectives:
1)Retention marketing strategy: Own and manage the TV and Sport marketing strategy, implement activity and review each quarter to ensure campaigns are delivering against business objectives and are being evolved to improve performance
2) Base management plan: the TV base is very complex due to 3 platforms, 3 box types and broadband type(infinity/non-infinity). A plan has been developed that needs to be implemented to launch new products over the next financial year. Activity must be carefully segmented and hit the right customer with the right offer at the right time.
3) Early life communication: understanding the early and in-life customer experience, journey and challenges of BT TV and BT Sport customers and then delivering a strategy and implement a campaign to address early life issues that drive churn
• Product launches and migrations for existing customers: Responsible for launching all new TV products to existing customers – including YouView, Premium (Pay) TV channels, BT Sport, TV box offers, platform migrations as well as several exciting new launches.
1)Product launches: Q3/Q4 alone will see around 10 new product launches all which need to be communicated to the existing customer base
2) TV & Sport migration lead – A number of comprehensive migration plans will need to be delivered to get customers on to the preferred box and watching Sports channels over Infinity where available. Team will need to work with cross product teams to ensure the proposition is clear, multi-channel “trigger”comms are developed by agencies and go out on time.
• Content marketing: Responsible for working with programming to develop and deliver overall content marketing strategy and delivery across multiple marketing channels, including social media, online, EM, DM, On (TV) Platform and call centre communications.
• Team coaching and development: There will also be an opportunity to lead coach and develop a Graduate Marketing Manager/secondee, a dotted line into this role from programming as well as 4 agencies (data, BTL creative, creative content and print)
- Ensure all teams are aligned and clear on the overall business objectives and strategy
- Ensuring secondee and dotted line Direct Reports are clear on their objectives and what is required of them. NB: “Head of” will have ultimate management responsibility for these Direct Reports, but the candidate will coach them on a day to day basis
- Day to day management of the TV and Sport lines of the retention budget – including raising PR’s and managing PO’s.
The role requires building strong relationships with TV and Sport commercial, content and programming teams as well as other key stakeholders such as creative agencies, bt.com, CPMG project teams, Sales and Customer Service. The candidate will lead, develop and manage high performing marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have marketing experience, have worked within the Pay TV market, be highly experienced in primarily Sport, but also TV content marketing, have experience of working with budgets of £2m+ and managing a customer base of 3m+ with multiple product holdings.
•Extensive Sport & TV Content marketing campaign management
•Alternatively, experience of working on Sports brands in a membership marketing capacity
•Proven track record in delivering and executing effective retention / direct marketing campaigns
•Some team management and leadership skills, with a desire to nurture the skills of others.
•Experience of leading multiple agencies through large, complex campaigns.
•Can demonstrate clear evidence of RoI Evaluation marketing campaigns delivered.
•Understanding of measuring ROI & evaluation of marketing campaigns
•Proven track record of working with operational and CS teams
- Ideally at least a 2i degree in marketing or business related subject.
- A marketing qualification is desirable, but not essential
Remuneration: up to £50,000 Base /£4,800 Car allowance or Company Car / Contributory Pension / Private Medical / 27.5 Days Holiday / Employee Phone, Broadband, TV Package / 10% Bonus.