ROLE PURPOSE: To assume a lead technical role in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Systems for all project activities in coordination with the project management teams, and in line with SC guidelines and best practices.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, develop a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Build capacity and coordinate activities of CSOs and CPCs, conduct monitoring visits, collate project indicators, analyze and document report of activities at the state level
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by partners.
- Develop the Complaints and Response Mechanism which will be used to monitor the projects accountability to beneficiaries.
- Help coordinate overall project review and evaluation activities as required. Including baseline survey and final evaluation as well as develop multiple case studies which will showcase project outcomes and impact at community and state level of awareness
- Facilitate monthly M&E review meetings, to be held per state for regular review of program data and development of corresponding action plans to address identified issues.
- Ensure community feedback meetings are held on quarterly basis in each community for sharing of data, report of activities and discussions on strategies to overcome barriers in service delivery
- Participate in the supportive supervision visits that will be made by SC Nigeria Project Manager, M&E Specialist or Child Protection Specialist with the Director/Deputy Director Child Protection of the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development at least twice within the project life.
- Work with state teams to establish reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide on-going support to state teams, partners, and communities to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent refresher trainings. Identify the need for additional technical support to CBO’s and to ensure effective programme delivery and coordinate the allocation of that support.
- Ensure regular reviews of the M&E system itself, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with managers, staff, and partners.
Work with the Program Manager, other state & CBO M&E Officers and Other effective programs team to ensure that state level Project system is well linked and/or integrated with overall M&E systems for the SC Nigeria Country Program.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Sociology, Public Health, Epidemiology, Education, Economics Psychology or any other social sciences
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 3-5 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, girl child education, child protection, child survival and development, basic education and gender quality programming.
- Strong analytic skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning. Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation.
- Good understanding of media and communication.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to SC Canada’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Professional qualification at Post Graduate level in Sociology, Public Health, Epidemiology, Education, Economics Psychologyor any social sciences
- Experience in international development.
- Experience in working with CBOs
- Hausa Language Speaking Proficiency.