Senior engineer providing the necessary expertise especially in mechanical engineering for managing detailed design and procurement activities in the EPC Contractor’s design offices.
To manage all activities associated with the execution of the Project Development Plan, from the front-end Engineering design, through to, detail design, contract development and award, procurement, construction/installation, commissioning, initial operation, and handover to the Asset Holder.
To manage external and Community relations so as to ensure uninterrupted
implementation of the project.
- Provide Mechanical and Rotating Equipment Engineering support and direction in the
development of FEED through detail design and up to development of approved for
- Co-ordinate all design/ reviews for the project relating to mechanical systems and rotating machinery, ensuring HSE and SD requirements are fully met. Serve as Corrective
Action Manager (CAM) for all Mechanical Engineering design reviews.
- Participate in company’s drive to enhance its asset integrity both from a design as well as
an operational point of view for all projects in the pre-startup phase. Identify cost effectiveness and innovative technology application.
- Design input. 2. Drawing reviews. 3. Hazop and Hazid. 4. Inspection and audits.
- Participate in company and JV sponsored Mechanical Engineering -related projects and
studies. To develop the technical specifications for the pipeline systems, including pigging facilities and corrosion protection systems.
- Perform the roles of the pipeline systems discipline head in the facility including interfacing with the corporate discipline head, providing inputs to projects and initiation of best practices and new technology for strategic cost leadership such as trending global changes/improvement in safeguarding, instrumentation and control systems.
- Assist in managing the development of trainee and young field engineers.
- Generate the facility maintenance reference plan (MRP) that ensures an all-embracing and structured maintenance management as an input to the Asset Reference Plan.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support in the bidder’s selection and preparation of the
ITT, clarification and technical evaluation of all the execution contracts.
- Responsible for effective implementation and operation of maintenance management system and spares/tools as it relates to static and rotating systems to safeguard as-built
integrity of the facilities to achieve best value for money throughout the plant life cycle.
- Achieve schedules within budget, ensuring that project plans are implemented
- To achieve cost effectiveness and a 'fit-for-purpose' design without compromising
technical integrity, operability, maintainability and reliability.
- To handle broad conceptual issues and assess business opportunities and provide
substantial support to rotating equipment pre- operational issues.
- Leading a team.
- Understanding importance of the company’s business and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate effective management of Customer/Suppliers/Contractors Relations.
- Determine Facility Maintenance Requirements.
- Broad knowledge and application of Risk Assessment for all construction and operation
- Ability to seek opportunities to expand and apply technical knowledge, skill and
experience in doing own job.
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduate in an Engineering Discipline with working knowledge of a broad range of
Facilities and Project engineering experience, systems, tools and practices.
- Experience should be a minimum of 10 years in mechanical engineering in the EP industry.
- Strong conceptual innovative thinking with technical, analytical and commercial
- Good leadership, personal relations and communications skills are paramount for
success. Inter-cultural awareness, team integration abilities are a requirement.
- Ability to effectively function in a multi-ethnic, multi-discipline environment.
- Conversant with Nigerian, Group and International oil and gas facilities design codes and
- Working knowledge of a broad range of facilities and project engineering systems tools
- Verifiable track record of delivery in a challenging environment.
- Expertise in maintenance and inspection of the Fire Detection and Protection Systems
including the Safeguarding Systems.
- Knowledge of Emergency Response Procedures especially the Oil Spill and Gas Leak Response Procedures.
- Training on Risk Assessment.
- Training on Electrical and Instrumentation Theory and Practice.
- Training on Pipeline integrity management systems.