Responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising of a major component of the mechanical and piping engineering related activities within a project.
Reports to the Lead Project Engineer
Directly responsible for the performance of Engineers and Designers within the project team
- Ensuring mechanical design criteria are met or exceeded
- Ensuring specifications and regulations are adhered to if applicable
- Maintenance of pipe handling & welding equipment in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Preparation & review engineering drawings & calculations
- Preparation of reports for all project scopes on a frequent basis.
- Provide change control for all aspects of work.
- Preparation of documentation and manage implementation FATs
- Prioritize, organize and supervise day-to-day work of welders & fitters.
- Participates in planning, estimating, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Develop Isometrics drawings for piping projects.
- B.Sc or B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering
- A related post graduate degree will be an advantage
- Must have worked as a piping design engineer/senior piping engineer for an Engineering Design company involved in Oil and Gas projects or an Operator for 12 years.
- Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment.
- A minimum of 3 years as a Lead Engineer.
- Experience shall include design engineering in green and brown field projects.
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, standards, oil and gas industry design specifications and practices.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the latest design engineering, analytical techniques and software programs
- 5 years minimum total post graduate experience in oil and gas industry
- Working knowledge of codes and standards such as ASME, ANSI, NACE and API
- Strong IT skills
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and Motivate a team
- CERTIFICATIONS/PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- COREN/NSE membership
- HSE certification will be an added advantage