We are a fast growing “Centre for Psychological Medicine” based within the Abuja metropolis, currently retaining the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services. .
We provide psychological and counseling services, inpatient facilities/ treatment, day hospital, rehabilitation, community care etc. In addition we treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health and drug addiction.
Presently we are in the process of expanding our organization and are looking for exceptional, committed, innovative and highly motivated staff, willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to provide a stellar service within a confidentiality driven service practice.
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Location: Abuja and Tafa, 30minutes drive from Kubwa –
The Senior Medical Officer will be a key member of the senior management as s/he leads the overall clinical vision for the Facility and provides clinical direction. The post holder adheres to and supports the mission and purpose of Synapse Services Limited.
- Overall supervision of the clinical aspect of the Hospital; provide oversight, leadership and management to ensure the delivery of quality service to service users;
- Supervise execution and ensure compliance of clinical staff with rules, regulations, policies, procedures of Synapse Services;
- Review and analyze effectiveness of medical and clinical services against standards of best practices;
- Develop departmental policies and programs;
- Provide line management, clinical supervision and support to subordinates;
- Engage in the recruitment, hiring and training of clinical personnel;
- Be involved in appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems;
- Participate in senior management business and clinical strategy development and implementation.
1) Inpatient Assessment, ward rounds and review (diagnosis, management, plan, medications);
2) Liaising with consultants with regards to Inpatient and Outpatient care;
3) Outpatient review and initial assessment;
4) Relating with patients relatives / caregivers on present state of health and further management;
5) Carry out home pickups of clients/potential clients;
6) Staff reviews on health related matters;
7) Provide documentation as regards Health reports and discharge summaries of clients;
8) Ensure that leaflets explaining diagnosis, medication and its effects are given to patient, explained and documented. Encourage consultants to explain diagnosis to patient and document it;
9) To respond promptly to the request of all medical staff (consultants and other doctors, nurses) to see any patients within the clinic and to advice or start any treatment as indicated;
10) Undertake specific medical procedures on patients within the clinic as requested by medical and nursing staff: cannulation, commencing i.v infusions, administration of i.v drugs, etc;
11) To check blood sample results and take necessary actions
- Delegates appropriately, ensuring the necessary resources and support are available, and personally addresses significant obstacles;
- Perform managerial, research duties as assigned;
- Conducts effective meetings;
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with co-workers, customers, and other people and institutions important to Synapse Services;
- The post holder will be expected to into the NGO (www.reconnecthdi.org) and any additional projects that may require the post holder’s attention.
1) Develop plans to market the services of the hospital beyond its immediate geographical catchment area;
2) Enthusiastically develop and maintain strong business and referral relationships with physicians, discharge planners and the medical community;
3) Responsible for tactical and strategic market planning;
4) Develop short and long-range management plans to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with hospital goals and objectives;
5) Assist in developing and maintaining psychiatrist, psychologist and other allied mental healthcare professional relations, both inside and outside the hospital and amongst sector actors;
6) Prepare and make presentations to prospective clients and networks to increase Synapse’ visibility;
7) Monitor activities of the Business Development team to assure successful strategies are implemented to meeting all set financial targets;
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Have a strong understanding of the business drivers relevant to a private hospital, ideally through experience in a private hospital setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using persuasion and motivation
- Flexibility to work for longer hours
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Possession of a medical degree (MBBS) with active license from Nigerian Medical and Dental Council
- License to practice as a medical doctor in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Experience in patient assessment
- Experience or training in administrative aspects of healthcare
- Knowledge of managed healthcare systems
- Have significant experience in a healthcare environment at senior level, with some experience in a sales or a business development environment
- Understands the clinical, financial and organizational drivers of success and how they interrelate
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic management experience
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years post- NYSC related experience
- Attention to detail
- Good listening ability
- Excellent relationship management
- Proactive problem solving approach
- Stress tolerance
- Exceptional ethical and moral values
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Computer literate with demonstrated ability in generic computer packages such as Microsoft Office and the use of social media.
Interested and suitable qualified applicants should send their CV with a covering letter to
Note: the subject of the email should be “Senior Medical Officer” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing date: 2ND March 2015 early applications are encouraged and would be treated with preference.