Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
To assist in the provision of high quality clinical services for hospital inpatient and outpatients as a member of a multi-disciplinary team delivering integrated primary and secondary level health services. The position is actively involved in the implementation of the chronic disease strategy and the provision of professional development support to health staff
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
Demonstrated clinical knowledge, proficiency and skills extending across the broad range of general medicine, with an ability to work in relative isolation including comprehensive and concise documentation of appropriate assessment, investigations, treatment, discharge planning and referral of patients
Demonstrated competence in clinical problem solving at an advanced level
Direct the process of discharge of patients including discharge planning from admissions
Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and provide medical care, including emergency medical care, in a multidisciplinary environment
Qualifications / Professional registration / Other requirements
The position requires the incumbent to have obtained a degree in medicine and current registration with /or eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Nigeria
An interest and experience in Public health, and Indigenous and Rural & Remote Health, is highly desirable
Evidence of competency in speaking, writing and comprehending English
The position requires the flexibility to work rostered hours including weekends, and participate in 24/7 emergency.
1. Ongoing health and development assessment and advice.
2. Appropriate evidence based screening, risk assessment and early detection of illness, disease and disability.
3. Use of recall and reminder systems and referral, as appropriate, to national screening programmes.
4. Interventions to assist people to reduce or change risky and harmful lifestyle behaviour.
5. Family planning services, provision of contraceptive advice and sexual health services.
6. Ensure Immunisation programmes are available to the practice population.
7. Working with public health providers in the prevention and control of communicable diseases for individuals and families and reporting to relevant public health providers.
8. Ongoing care and support for people with chronic and terminal conditions to reduce deterioration, increase independence and reduce suffering linking, where relevant, with appropriate service providers.