- To conduct & ensure all incoming personnel are properly briefed by showing appropriate safety video and familiarizing them.
- Emergency & Non- emergency medical care to the crew, client staff and its sub-contractors on board To maintain Clinic / Sick bay cleanliness and ensure all medications & medical facilities / equipments are sufficient and in readiness for any emergency.
- Maintenance of good standard of medical work and proper data/ reporting as per existing company procedure.
- Conducting periodical stretcher, first aid, BLS & CPR training for onboard crew.
- Conducting first aid training and stretcher handling for medical team ( ERT )
- Inspection and maintenance of all First Aid boxes, Eye wash & Shower stations on board regularly.
- To conduct medical/ health talk and safety talk (more on occupational disease related) every week.
- Health advice & health promotions.
- To update the safety notice board.
- Doing Hygiene & sanitation Inspection weekly to ensure that proper hygiene & cleanliness is maintained – reporting to client & company and ensuring compliance to hygiene.
- Participating in all safety meetings with heads of departments and all crew.
- Daily tour around to ensure that all safety procedures are being strictly adhered to by the crew at work.
- Inspection around work site, spot checks of jobs in progress, inspection of proper tools use by crew, checking for rescue plans made by crew for specific jobs, Isolation of equipment for specific jobs and other safety related issues at work place.
At least a minimum of 10 - 12 years’ experience. Exposure from an Oil & Gas industry background would be an asset. MOH registered candidates would be preferred.
MBBS or similar in medicine. Residency in one of the medical specilialities. MOH registered candidates will be preferred.
Professionalism - Knowledge and hands on experience in clinical medicine, able to handle emergencies or cater to any accidents of employees that may occur. Planning and organising - Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision. Teamwork - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity Communication - Good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Commitment to Continuous learning - Willingness to learn to keep abreast of new developments in the medical field. Technological awareness - Solid computer skills and good knowledge of relevant medical databases.