Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage associated risks with a special focus on safe working practices, permit to work system and isolations.
- Assist in completing preventative and corrective maintenance, repairs of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components of;
- Power Plant and Auxiliary Systems.
- Dynamically Positioning Equipment and Auxiliary Systems.
- Ballast and Bilge Systems.
- HVAC systems.
- Remote Operated Valve Systems.
- Boilers, Incinerator and Auxiliary Equipment.
- Compressed Air Systems and equipment including both Service and Starting Air.
- Emergency Shutdown Systems, Safety Systems and Zero Discharge Equipment.
- Lifeboats and Fast Rescue Craft.
- Living Quarters and related Support Systems.
- Maintain housekeeping onboard to Pacific Drilling standards with a special focus on emergency exists and continually maintains the engine and auxiliary equipment rooms a safe and clean area.
- Make rounds on a daily bases and responsible for entering equipment readings in the engine room logbook.
- Inform Third and Second Engineers of any technical problems or limitations that may affect safe operation of the vessel.
- Ensure workshop equipment and tools are maintained as per highest safety standards.
- Clearly and accurate communicate work status at end of shift.