The principle role of the job holder is to manage the definition and delivery of the online user experience to support key business objectives - lead to cash (making a sale) and trouble to resolve (services such as fixing a fault) is key. Working with User Experience Designers, you’ll be responsible for delivering the user experience for major online functionality changes on BT.com. This will involve the translation of business requirements into effective projects that deliver quality, robust and measureable improvements to the performance of BT.com and Agent.com.
Working alongside UX designers, business sponsors and external suppliers you will manage the design and definition of the bt.com ordering and product management processes for this digital product launch with a specific focus on the sign up and activation journeys that drive engagement with the product through all online channels. Key responsibilities include:
• Understanding specific product and/or commercial requirements which have a functional impact on BT.com or Agent.com
• Defining the elements of these product requirements which impact online user experience across sales, service and the online portal
• Working with UX designers to deliver wireframes detailing functional changes or page templates that agencies use to deliver site designs
• Standardising components used to build pages across the site (e.g. ‘checkout’ modules)
• Interpreting the BT Brand online through the delivery of capability projects which improve user experience
• Reviewing and refining requirements in order to implement the optimal user experience
• Defining user experience and content management system requirements with BT Design (BT’s internal technology build division)
• Working with sales and service online marketing managers to define, review and improve copy and visual design elements that impact critical KPIs such as sales conversion, drop out and churn
• Working with stakeholders to understand and measure how online capability is performing in-life against key acceptance criteria, and delivering improvement activity where required
• Motivating, enthusing and persuading people across the business to support the delivery of online objectives
- Experience of delivering a 'best in class' online journey process experience for customers, with clear and compelling reasons for transacting online
- You will bring strong knowledge and experience of UX design principles and processes (use and knowledge of Axure a distinct plus).
- Understanding of e-commerce principles e.g. effective customer experience, cost per click, funnel analysis, fallout, mobile optimisation
- Experience of delivering online capability projects preferably Apps Development and Digital launches.
- Experience of working on projects which require close attention to detail
- Experience of managing activities to ensure delivery of agreed output and timescales for completion, taking corrective action to resolve issues
- Experience in compiling and analysing process and organisational metrics
- Experience of effectively influencing stakeholders to define creative, supportable and pragmatic approaches to problems and issues
• Will be a strong creative, conceptual and strategic thinker who can balance technology and design
• Will be able to develop an understanding of the overall process being improved and capture detailed project requirements and solution options
• Will be able to engage stakeholders and secure their buy-in
• Will be expected to complete their deliverables within agreed quality, timescales and budget with minimal supervision
• Will proactively provide regular contributions and improvements to plans and procedures
• Will have the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively and deliver under time and cost pressure to a high standard
• Will have the ability to demonstrate the application of knowledge to develop and implement techniques to increase efficiencies; mitigate risks; resolve issues; and save money
• Will have demonstrated understanding of sales and service, provision and fulfilment
• Experience gained in a commercial environment with a proven track record.
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
• Experience in one or more of: Online Customer Experience, Business Improvement, Business Solution Design, Change Management.
- Online Customer Experience – Proven experience of delivering online customer experience improvement and / or new online solutions.
- Business Improvement - 6-sigma qualified or equivalent level of understanding and application.
- Business Solution Design – Proven experience building e2e requirements, processes and business solutions for new online products and propositions as part of Concept to Market programmes.
- Change Management – Knowledge of and experience applying change models to online product and service propositions.