Under the guidance of the director, the selected candidate is expected to provide administrative and operational support to the department. Specific duties include:
- Assists with the preparation of annual working calendar and quarterly mission programme;
- Support the director in creating/revising systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, budgetary and personnel requirements;
- Support the preparation of annual budget and work program;
- Support the development of an annual calendar for work program monitoring;
- Prepare the quarterly work program reports, mission program;
- Submission for approval and monitoring Consultant’s summary data sheets;
- Support task managers on consultancy procurements issues;
- Monitor and report on project pipeline and portfolio of the department (ONRI, IPPF, AfTra and other Trust Funds)
- Provide administrative support for workshops and conferences;
- Responsible for processing the department’s documents and publications;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
The Regional Integration Policy and Strategy (RIPoS) approved in November 2014 provides the strategic direction of the ONRI department. The key pillars of the RIPoS are: 1) infrastructure development (with emphasis on soft infrastructure); Trade & Industrialization; and 3) capacity building as a cross-cutting pillar.
The Director’s front office provides strategic focus, support and coordinates the three divisions and two units in the department. Administrative issues of the front office include implementation of the work programme, budget, procurement and portfolio management.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or BTS in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or other related field;
- At least seven (5) years of progressively responsible operational and administrative experience, preferably with international organisations,
- Should be well versed with IT systems and information management systems such as SAP
- Strong client orientation with commitment to results and operational experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively;
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. A good working knowledge of the other language would be an added advantage.