Twinpine is a mobile advertising network reaching millions of African consumers on mobile devices. We aggregate local and international mobile web pages on our platform to offer brands and advertisers a communication medium on the mobile internet. We create value for advertisers, publishers and developers by serving relevant, carefully- targeted adverts to mobile internet users using demographic targeting. We are currently present in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, India, UK and Mauritius.
· Lead the definition, implementation, and sustainment of the IT Operations Strategy for the business.
· Provide technical thought and design leadership in building a highly scalable and resilient IT infrastructure.
· Ensure IT Operational capabilities and priorities are aligned with all areas of the business.
· Drive the adoption and maturity of business critical IT Operational best practices, tooling, and processes.
· Exercise sound technical and business judge to position the technology platform for continued growth and extensibility.
· Create and maintain measurement criteria (KPI’s) and system documentation to lead the effective management of the technology tooling and infrastructure that supports the business.
· Grow and share technical expertise within the team via mentoring and training of other Leads and Analysts and providing guidance to less experienced team members.
· Responsible for solutions and escalation handling of complex technical issues that impact the business.
· Defining program implementation strategy & multiyear roadmap to realize business value.
· Administer and support Hadoop clusters (including Hbase, Hadoop, EMR, S3)
· Development & enhancement of monitoring , tools to manage services and applications developed and used by the company
· Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Adatrix services by engineering reliability into software and systems
· Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence
· Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
· Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
· Perform periodic on-call duty
Qualifications and Requirements:
· BSC in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications or equivalent education
· 3+ years of experience in a project leader/program manager role focused on IT service management.
· Expertise in at least one data platform such as: SQL, Hadoop/HDFS, PL/SQL.
· Strong technical execution capacity in a language of choice: Perl, Python, Java, Ruby.
· Experience and strong understanding of web servers like APACHE / TOMCAT and hands on with web development.
· Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems, shell scripting
· Understanding of network and Security will be highly desirable.
· PMP Certification - Preferred
· ITIL v3 foundation certification - Preferred
· Enterprise Architecture
· Business Process Management and Documentation Skills
· IT Change Management, Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery expertise
· Strong understanding of Configuration Management Tooling and Automation technologies
· High levels of professionalism, communication, coordination and customer service principles are essential
Interested Qualified applicants should forward their CVs and cover letter within 2 weeks of this publication to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.