• Leads the development, monitoring, and review of the project budget and ensure effective development of monthly projections and cash advance forecasts
• Ensures compliance with donors’ agreements and that all activities are implemented as per the approved agreement and budget.
• Ensures accurate financial forecasts and secure adequate and timely financing for activities and procurements with close consultation with the Finance and Program units
• Oversees the preparation of high quality financial reports as well as all expenditure analysis report.
• Provide direct mentoring and oversight to project staff performing financial and administrative functions
• Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters
• Ensures that financial management systems provides accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions, aligned with IntraHealth’s policies and procedures
• Designs and implements sound internal control systems to safeguard assets, financial records and documents of the organization
• Serves as liaison with external auditors, facilitates internal and external audit undertakings.
• Prepares responses to audit findings and follows-up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
• Monitor implementation of action/corrective action plans relative to both internal and external audits and report back to the Chief of Party and IntraHealth Headquarters
• Innovation- Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
• Accountability- Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
• Service Excellence- Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
• Managing Performance- Ability to plan and design practices processes and procedures that allow for effective management of people, resources and processes to optimize overall performance. Managing for performance includes the ability to delegate and encourage growth and leadership across the team(s) as part of maximizing performance and productivity.
• Strategic Thinking- Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable plans.
• Effective Communication (Oral and Written)- Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
• Risk Management- Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling the organization's exposure to risks of various kinds; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Summary Of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in administration, finance or similar field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 6 years of experience in accounting and/or auditing in an international environment essential.
• Demonstrated management experience in finance, administration, management and public health.
• Experience in financial and administrative management of donor-funded projects, preferably on large and complex USAID projects.
• Membership in a relevant professional body.
• Certification with a local accounting professional body and extensive knowledge of Nigerian financial laws and regulations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Serenic is a plus.