This position exists to perform research, design and software development assignments within a software functional area. Acts as a knowledge resource to entry level and mid-level staff and provides technical leadership from small to mid-size development teams. Provides meaningful input to project plans, schedules and approach in the development of cross-functional software products.
• Interfaces with internal customers; interprets requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement.
• Independently performs analysis to develop and implement high level designs for assigned projects.
• Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems. Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderately complex re-usable code.
• Acts as point of escalation to resolve new/complex issues and provides input about team members' performance and technical abilities. Mentors and coaches team members.
• Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of knowledge
• Diagnoses complex system problems using dumps, traces or other diagnostic tools.
• Leads in design, code and test reviews where needed.
• Leads mid-size or larger teams of technical staff to complete assigned projects balancing quality and schedule.
• Identifies and recommends opportunities for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
• With at least 7 years of experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
• Proficient in LAMP or ZEND
• Ability to lead small to mid-size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time. Must be self-directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues