We are currently recruiting for a Senior Planner on a Staff or Contract basis located at our project offices in Trafalgar House in Altens Aberdeen. The successful candidate will e nsure an effective and efficient planning service is provided to the Contract, including generating plans, monitoring progress, producing reports and helping to achieve the planned completion dates. Providing support to the Lead Planner and rest of the team and ensure that Client expectations are fully met.
· Understand the corporate and contract specific planning procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these
· Study and understand all relevant project documents pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules
· Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation of plans and schedules
· Maintain a good working knowledge Primavera P6
· Prepare sensible and achievable schedules as logical networks, with single start and single finish activities
· Gather accurate progress and expended man hours information at relevant time intervals
· Prepare all relevant reports and issue
· Verbally and in writing advise project and discipline personnel on impacts, contingencies and generally guide the scopes towards the earliest possible finish
· Support senior planning personnel as appropriate
· Supervise junior personnel, including checking their work
· Train and encourage business services graduates in the completion of their planning learning objectives
· Liaise with cost discipline in the control and forecasting of man hour budgets and ensuring that all scopes including change requests are included in the schedules
· Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
· Where required assist with and input to the auditing process
Specific Training / Specialist Skills:
Knowledge of engineering, construction and major projects planning processes, planning tools and project management techniques.
Proficient in the use of Primavera P6.
Knowledge of onshore and offshore engineering and construction functions and essential interfaces between other asset stakeholder groups.
Expertise in planning processes to support effective delivery of these.
Planning & Organisational skills.
Contribute to the overall continuous improvement process.
Strong project planning experience, preferably in an Engineering & Mods type environment including significant planning experience across both minor modifications and large capex projects.
Good communication skills to ensure correct information is being sought and received from all other departments.
Self motivated and driven with the ability to provide suggestions and solutions.
Accepts responsibilities and accountability for decision making and planning requirements.
Good co-ordination skills and ability to work on own initiative
Ability to build and maintain effective Client relationships.
Able to liaise with members of the Project Team.
Preferably degree qualified but not essential.