Job ID: 13-9032
Project/Program: P000 - Proposal
Reports To: Country Director
- MSH is seeking highly qualified candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID funded malaria program in Nigeria.
- This program will strengthen delivery of malaria case management: delivery of quality services for management of malaria and its complications, prevention of malaria in pregnancy, and integrated community case management.
Serves as the main point of contact for private sector engagement on malaria interventions and collaborations for each specific to:
- Overall private sector strategy and plan for the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative for States Project, including identifying opportunities for expansion in the private sector at federal, state, and community level;
- Lead in the development of the private sector strategy and plan for the project;
- Identify cost effective innovations for expansion in the private sector including capacity building, demand creation, data collection and supervision;
- Work with the Senior M&E Advisor to identify indicators that will communicate success in the private sector;
- Contribute to market analysis and segmentation for private sector service delivery and commodity management;
- Work with the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor to develop/adapt appropriate tools for quantification of commodity, costing, distribution, capacity building and supportive interventions especially on malaria diagnosis for malaria program;
- Support the development of strategic partnerships in malaria control activities that provide synergy and complement existing strengths;
- Enhance strategic coordination with NMEP on the public –private sector strategy.
- At least 12 years of relevant work experience in private sector mobilization for health; some of this experience must include health programs in Nigeria and the US Government as the project’s donor.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Statistics or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated progressive field experience in malaria prevention and treatment programs in developing countries.
- In depth knowledge of the private sector and public private sector partnerships for health;
- Demonstrated experience implementing health programs in the private sector, and the community.
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilize private sector stakeholders at a senior management level.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely effective decisions.
- Willingness to travel within project areas as needed.
- Excellent written communication in English is required.
- Availability of the position is contingent upon issuance of a USAID funding mechanism, and selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Qualified candidates currently residing in Nigeria are encouraged to apply.