To provide Process Engineering expertise in support of project development through all phases of project development, from project initiation through to detailed design, commissioning and hand-over to Operations.
- To conduct the application of software tools and models to simulate multiphase/hydraulic flow for steady state modes and plant & pipeline de-pressurization and be aware of dynamic simulation models for dynamic modes and transient processes.
- To develop project specifications and requirements for the Operations phase, taking into account discipline interfaces and the contributions of other disciplines.
- To provide process engineering input into detailed design of new facilities and pipelines, aiming to minimize asset lifecycle cost and to maximize facility availability and operability.
- To optimize process design, maximizing the product yield and economic performance of facilities whilst achieving HSE objectives based on the ALARP concept.
- To review facility design to verify it meets the requirements for safeguarding systems taking all elements of H, S and E into consideration. To identify deficiencies and propose solutions.
- To develop process control and safeguarding philosophies and hazardous area classification, and evaluate process hazards by providing input into HAZOPs, HAZIDs, QRA, IPF and similar reviews. Ensure that all these evaluations are documented.
- To provide support as required in the application of de-bottlenecking techniques to optimize plant performance of brown field developments, and in the execution of reviews of existing facilities to maximize throughput of hydrocarbons and propose modifications required to meet production targets.
- Identify, evaluate and propose innovative, cost saving technology and novel business solutions, in order to reduce the average UTC of company's hydrocarbon development projects and to maximize their economic benefits.
- Maintain frequent contact with other process engineers in NEL and NPDC, in order to keep abreast of new developments and technologies, disseminate best practices, and ensure synergy of production facilities, work practices and quality control systems.
- To contribute to the preparation of annual Business Plans, and process engineering input into Field Development Plans.
- To collate/prepare progress reviews and financial performance reports compared to set targets of projects as required.
- To monitor monthly the expenditure and progress against targets for the development of the detailed design.
- Coach and mentor sub-ordinates.
OML 42 facilities; CPF, Flow stations, Booster Compression Stations, Pipelines/flowlines, Water Injection Plants….and other OPL/OML acquired by the Company.
To contribute to turning company's hydrocarbon reserves to value in the shortest possible time frame, by delivering leading edge, cost effective, high quality surface facility plans in support of Field Review (FRs), Field Development Plans (FDPs) and Special Studies compiled in conjunction with the subsurface team.
- University degree in an Engineering science plus 5 to 10 years of experience in process engineering in the EP industry.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of HYSYS and PIPESYS/Pipesim/Pipephase simulation tools;
- Strong conceptual innovative thinking with technical, analytical and commercial business skills.
- Good leadership, personal relations and communications skills are paramount for success. Inter-cultural awareness, team integration abilities are a requirement.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills, know-how of planning, economics and auditing.
- Ability to effectively function in a multi-ethnic, multi-discipline environment.
- Conversant with Nigerian, Group and International oil and gas facilities design codes and standards.