- Provide engineering analysis and design for the company in areas of project performance, economic feasibility, permitting and operations. Oversees and sets milestones for the entire project development cycle, from conception through to commercial operation.
- Assist in the provision of day-to-day Project Management oversight and support for the process plant development efforts.
- Performs feasibility analyses and appraisal of the existing system and potential projects.
- Work with the business development and marketing personnel to create proposals for new business opportunities and assists in translating these into viable projects.
- Provide support in preparing budgets
- Assist with application to secure all necessary statutory approvals and licenses.
- Coordinates front-end detail design and engineering drawing efforts.
- Develop project activities and work plans to ensure adherence to construction specifications and delivery schedules to eliminate variations that may hinder on time delivery; also manages and resolves problems/issues that arise during construction, validation/testing and hand over processes.
- Handles processes for tracking and recording any agreed changes to design specifications and blueprints as may be required during construction and testing phases.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report project cost/budget forecast and expenditures.
- Provide analysis and review of project cost/budget variances.
- Prepares summary and detail design and construction progress reports.
- Participate in periodic performance review sessions, and reports on process plant development status as may be necessary from time to time.
- Manage the performance, career development; welfare and motivation of permanent and termed employees of staff that under your supervision.
- Oversee project resourcing/manage manpower requirements, allocations and issues; also manages relationships with agencies providing contract staff for construction efforts.
- Provide input for technical materials procurement, inventory holdings requirements, as well as demand and supply flows for required materials, equipment and tools.
- Participate in tender preparation
- 1st degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical or related field
- Minimum of 8 years cognate work experience in project development, design and project management
- Familiarity with Primavera P3, Microsoft Project or other project scheduling software.
- Familiarity with point presentation.
Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors.
- Strategic and Motivational Leadership (K)
- People Management (K)
- Value for Money/Cost Consciousness (K)
- Communication (K)
- Personal Effectiveness (K)
- Problem Solving (K)
- Negotiation Skills (K)
Discipline specific (Knowledge)
Project development (pre-FID) and Project execution (post-FID).
- Manage Strategic and Front-end Processes (K)
- Manage Project Execution (K)
- Resource & Schedule Management (K)
- Cost Management (K)
- Project Control Processes (K)
- Project Context (K)
- Contracting and Procurement (K)
- HSSE Management Systems (K