- The Senior Program Officer Applied Health and Quality is to provide technical and administrative leadership to the Quality unit of IHVN.
- S/he will review and assess activities, or processes, that the program undertakes in order to achieve program goals effectively.
- The Senior Program Officer, Applied Health and Quality will also apply benchmarking strategies, performance measurement indicators, and financial modeling to determine the effectiveness, outcomes, risk, scalability, and measurable impact of grants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Applied Health and Quality unit
- Develop program strategies, work plans and carry out ongoing quality assurance to meet program area objectives
- Develop the overall framework for the information cycle and management cycle including annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops.
- Identify and design the key indicators for program areas, to record and report physical progress against the Annual Result Framework, Program Targets and Quality Indicators
- Identify the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports
- Determine information needs of project management, implementing partners and primary stakeholders, the cooperating institution and funding agencies
- Provides direct technical assistance and mentoring to health facilities for continuous quality improvement and models for change and assist in developing continuous quality improvement teams and implementing QI activities
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders
- Check that output data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion forums to fill any gaps
- Participate in external missions and facilitate mission team members' access to analyzed information and to stakeholders
- Plan for regular opportunities to identify lessons learned and implications for the project's next steps. Participate in these events when possible
- Work with the other staff to disseminate evaluation findings and structure discussions to inform staff, board, and relevant stakeholders
- Advice IHVN Management and stakeholders on outcomes, impacts, benefits, and changes in patient care as a result of program efforts in the short, intermediate and long-term periods
- Prepare reports on operational research and program evaluation findings, as required, working closely with technical, administrative and financial staff.
- B.Sc, MD, MBBS, BMChB, B.Pharm, MPH or equivalent degree
- Previous experience in a similar position in a similar organization
- At least 7 years of experience
- Ability to gather and analyze data, use analytical methods to draw conclusions, and prepare reports and presentations that communicate complex research and operational findings in clear language
- Familiarity with the Nigerian health system is an advantage.