Summary/Overview: The Senior Program Officer, C&S will provide administrative, programmatic and logistical support to Care and Support Unit of the Department of Community Medicine, Institute of Human Virology-Nigeria. S/he is also expected to spend about 60% of working hours on supervisory and advocacy activities.
- Assist in the development and adaptation of guidelines, tools and other relevant materials for use in the national scale up of C&S activities in IHVN-supported sites in Nigeria.
- Assist in development of program strategies, work plans and implementation for effective operations of the hub and spoke model of scale up.
- Ensure smooth operations and coordination of C&S activities at the regional and or state offices.
- Forge and maintain strong relationship with NEPWHAN and other PLHIV networks
- Forecast and request for C&S commodities such as care kits and ACTIONmeal.
- Co-ordinate, track progress, review results and address C&S challenges
- Mentor doctors, nurses, support groups, Linkage coordinators, Treatment supporters, mentor mothers to provide quality care to PLHIV.
- Ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system.
- Identify barriers to C&S and proffer solutions to these challenges.
- Assist and undertake needs assessments of new sites as required.
- Facilitate trainings sessions organized for site and community providers.
- Provide technical assistance to site and community staff through precepting, monitoring and mentoring.
- Facilitate training of health care workers at all IHVN supported sites in C&S.
- Facilitate effective linkages within thematic groups and overall community linkages.
- Report all activities to the Program Area Lead and the Director, Community Health department.
- Adhere and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.