- The Overall responsibility of the Sr. Program Specialist is for the design, direction, and implementation of the Service Improvement component and program activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Senior Specialist in Governance, Civil Society Strengthening, and Budget Transparency components to ensure compatibility and consistency across the technical components.
- Coordinate with other USG assisted programs to find areas of complementarity.
- Contribute to and assist with LG and CSOs assessment activities.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design and deliver training to local government officials and members of civil society organizations.
- Provide final written and verbal reports on program activities as at when due.
- Coordinate data collection, information dissemination, training and other program activities with Governance Program Coordinators, Communications Manager and Capacity Building Manager.
- Anticipate program needs, making and following recommendations.
- Collaborate with M&E to ensure monitoring is consistent with required results and provide written and verbal feedback to program management staff as needed.
- Attend meetings and represent the project on technical issues with/to implementing partners, development partners, and stakeholders.
- Assist LEAD financial managers to ensure that timelines and budgets/ financial disbursements for project implementation activities align.
- Ensure quality supervision and mentoring for Junior Specialists and Governance Program Coordinators on service delivery activities.
- Ensure timely preparation of cost-share information on activities with Government partners of the Project.
- Other duties as assigned by the leadership of the Project.
- Bachelors' Degree and 10 years or MA degree plus 6 years' experience
- Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, Development Studies or related fields.
- Experience in Northern Nigeria preferred
- Excellent technical and managerial skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player who works well independently.