- The Senior Programme Manager will be reporting to the Project Director.
- S/he will manage day-to-day operation of program activities for a USAID- and Johnson Johnson-funded project that aims to improve the health outcomes and quality of life for pregnant women, newborns, and children and their families in Nigeria through a nationally scaled, locally ted, and universally accessible demand generation service supported by age arid stage- based mobile messaging that validates arid complements the efforts of frontline health workers.
- Working closely with the Project Director, the Senior Programme Manager will provide strategic, technical and programmatic oversight for the design, development, and implementation of the project.
- S/he will also ensure strong collaboration between Jhpiego and other partners, local governments, donors and sponsors, represent Jhpiego with external donors/sponsors and contribute to business and resource development efforts.
- Work collaboratively with other program staff to ensure necessary program planning, development and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Assist with development of work plans, reporting and monitoring and evaluation
- Work collaboratively headquarters staff and in-country partners to ensure that resources for effective and timely program implementation are available
- Participate in and coordinate monitoring and evaluation of activities for the project as needed
- Work collaboratively with finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets
- Oversee technical assistance needed to execute project work plans, which may include external consultants
- Ensure timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor
- Ensure compliance with Jhpiego and JHU operational policies and regulations
- Promote and support knowledge management arid sharing efforts
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the Program Assistant
- Serve as a focal point for the project, coordinating and liaising between partners and Jhpiego
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Health Communications, Public Administration, or related field.
- Fluency in verbal, written and interpersonal communication in English. Fluency in any local language in Ebonyi or Kogi State will be an advantage
- 7+ years experience managing international health programs.
- Strong programming, management and technical skills, specifically with maternal, newborn, and chil health, or in eHealth/mHealth, in developing countries. Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private or foundations.
- Demonstrated skills in the technical side of program implementation.
- Experience in the development of strategic and tactical plans in cooperation with others who represent a wide range cit interests and needs.
- Ability to interact with established networks of senor level International health professionals, donors, universities and other partners.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated collaborative relationship with field-based international donor agencies.
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination. Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural groups in a developing country environment.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadline and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time nationally and/or internationally.
- Previous experience working in Nigeria, with some understanding of local health system and maternal, newborn and child health gaps and opportunities, and solid relationships at government agencies.
The Program Assistant will report to the Senior Programme Manager and provide day-to-day support for project and office operations to ensure smooth running of all programmatic functions of a USAID and Johnson & Johnson-funded project that aims to improve the health outcomes and quality of life for pregnant women, newborns, and children and their families in Nigeria through a nationally scaled, locally led, and universally accessible demand generation service supported by age and stage-based mobile messaging that validates and complements the efforts of frontline health workers.
- Work with F&A assistant to arrange logistics for project activities
- Provide administrative support to operation of project activities
- Draft correspondence to partners, NGOs arid other agencies as requested
- Maintain tiles and support the dissemination of project information among the project team
- Schedule and support visitors and meetings
- Assist with drafting, editing and proofreading of technical materials and appropriate reports of program activities and results for technical leads, supervisors as requested
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.