To support the planning department with project planning, cost control and project control functions.
- Thoroughly understand the principles of cost control,planning/scheduling, and estimating. Understand the relationships between the project controls functions,estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, and risk management.
- Define the aspects and relationships of risk, cost, and quantities on the project. Identify and document specific areas of risk and key quantities, and their effect on cost. Follow through on these items to improve the opportunity for success.
- Create client and internal status reports that effectively communicate cost status and trends. Define corrective actions for implementation. Issue reports under the direction of lead project controls staff.
- Thoroughly understand, define, and identify schedule classifications and levels. Assist in the development of project work plans and schedules that support the project/business group work processes and milestones.
Key qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management,
engineering, project management, or related technical field.
- Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to communicate complex project controls information to team members.