We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer / Delivery Lead on a residential basis located at our engineering office in Abu Dhbai The successful candidate will be working on a greenfield project for the Engineering, Procurement and Project Management phase of a new Oil Process facility being built for a major international oil operator in Kurdistan. This is a Home Office position based in Abu Dhabi, but it may involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Kurdistan. Normal working time will be 45 hours per week (9 hours per day). Reporting to the Project / Contract Manager, the candidate will have full accountability for the successful delivery of a specific part of the project. Ensuring that it is delivered within schedule, cost, and in accordance with the project quality and HSE standards.
The candiate will promote safe behaviour at all times and help manage and deliver a multi-discipline project through detail design, construction, commissioning, handover, and close-out. They will ensure that the project is completed within schedule and cost budgets to the specified level of quality. This role may deputise for the Project Manager.
The principal responsibilities will be;
- · To ensure that own actions plus those of the project team are conducted in accordance with the HSE management system.
- · To have single point accountability for the efficient delivery of the allocated part of the project within schedule, cost, and quality standards.
- · Manage all interfaces within their allocated part of the project
- · Ensure the Scope of Work within their part of the project is well understood and communicated to all team members
- · To ensure that effective business controls are applied throughout the project and in accordance with stated requirements. Controls will apply to all HSE, commercial, financial, quality, integrity, and schedule issues.
- · To be responsible for the management of project reporting, interface definition and management, plus liaison with Client project engineers.
- · To ensure that technical integrity is fully maintained and that all deviations to project standards/procedures are formally recorded and approved.
- · To identify and cost or schedule reduction opportunities and ensure that these are pursued wherever appropriate.
- · To manage and report both budget and schedule on a weekly and monthly basis.
- · To be responsible for the management of all project audit reports, and ensuring that all audit action items are closed-out in a timely manner.
- · To be responsible for highlighting and resolving project issues at the earliest opportunity.
- · To exercise control over manpower and material resources in order to complete their allocated part of the project within budget, schedule, quality, and HSE requirements.
- · To promote a planning – execute – measure – feedback methodology in project management.
- · Shall have worked previously as a single-point responsible project engineer for several medium sized Oil & Gas projects (>$ 50 million).
- · Considerable experience in design, construction, and general project engineering in the oil and gas industry
- · Experience of project cost control and planning systems.
- · Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- · Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Shall have proven capabilities in managing and motivating a multi-discipline team to deliver projects.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound commercial appreciation and judgement.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound general management skills in all aspects of project engineering
- Shall be well organised and methodical.
- Shall have a strong commitment to safety
- Shall have sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Shall be an active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Shall have the ability to develop, interact, and motivate the project team based upon a matrix type organisation.
- Shall have hands-on experience of planning software tools such a Primavera P6 or equivalent.
- Shall be PC literate in MS Office applications
- Shall be fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.) preferred but not essential
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred