We are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer on a residential basis located at our engineering office in Abu Dhabi and will involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Basra, Iraq. Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient execution of the project to ensure that it is delivered within schedule, cost, and in accordance with the project quality and HSE standards. Primarily will be responsible to promote safe behaviour at all times; help manage and engineer a multi-discipline project through detail design, construction, commissioning, handover, and close-out; ensure that the project is completed within schedule and cost budgets to the specified level of quality.
- To ensure that own actions plus those of the project team are conducted in accordance with the HSE management system.
- To have single point responsibility for the efficient delivery of the project within schedule, cost, and quality standards.
- To develop the project Scope of Work in order to define the required deliverables.
- To establish an effective document management system for the project.
- To ensure that effective business controls are applied throughout the project and in accordance with stated requirements. Controls will apply to all HSE, commercial, financial, quality, integrity, and schedule issues.
- To be responsible for the management of all project reporting, interface definition and management, plus liaison with Client project engineers.
- To ensure that technical integrity is fully maintained and that all deviations to project standards/procedures are formally recorded and approved.
- To identify and cost or schedule reduction opportunities and ensure that these are pursued wherever appropriate.
- To manage and report both budget and schedule on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To be responsible for the management of all project audit reports, and ensuring that all audit action items are closed-out in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for highlighting and resolving project issues at the earliest opportunity.
- To exercise control over manpower and material resources in order to complete the project within budget, schedule, quality, and HSE requirements.
- To promote a planning – execute – measure – feedback methodology in project engineering.
- Shall have a strong commitment to safety
- Shall have sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Shall be an active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Shall have the ability to develop, interact, and motivate the project team based upon a matrix type organisation.
- Shall have hands-on experience of planning software tools such a Primavera P6 or equivalent.
- Shall be PC literate in MS Office applications
- Shall be fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Highly motivated and self reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Clear communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Shall have proven capabilities in managing and motivating a multi-discipline team to deliver projects.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound commercial appreciation and judgement.
- Shall be able to demonstrate sound general management skills in all aspects of project engineering
- Shall be well organised and methodical.
- Shall have worked previously as a single-point responsible project engineer for several medium sized Oil & Gas projects.
- Considerable experience in design, construction, and general project engineering in the oil and gas industry
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred