What are my responsibilities?
Senior Project Manager is responsible for achieving the technical and business management project objectives delegates to him/her by the Head of Projects. Also responsible for efficient management of cost, time, quality, safety, sub-contractors work and other efforts
- Actively gathers information on the customer and the customer’s requirements/targets.
- Identifies cross- Group business opportunities.
- Creates additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project.
- In line with customer communication matrix develop close relationships with specific members of the customer’s organization to support the project management process.
- Devises and implements strategies for strengthening market and customer commitment
Proposal / Contract Management
- Is supportive in the bid phase, analyzing customer requirements and examining their technical feasibility and transferability into a bid
- Performs incoming order costing
- Ensures that all planning elements (e.g. system structure, work breakdown structure,….) are included in the bid phase.
- Influences formulation of the necessary contracts.
- Influence that the results of risk assessment are taken into account in contracts and in costing
- Conducts order negotiations
Risk & Opportunity Management
- Throughout project life cycle, identifies and assesses all risk factors utilizing available BU checklists (risk analysis)
- Devises suitable strategies for risk mitigation (elimination, reduction)
- Identities and minimizes non-conformance costs
- Ensures risk monitoring in all project phases
- Throughout project life cycle identities, assesses and implements all opportunities for improving results
- Negotiates with stakeholders on change requests and incorporates them into contracts
- Assesses risks in terms of effects on the Business, defines measures/ action to be taken and ensures early escalation.
- Involves the project team in the identification of claims.
- Assesses contracts in terms of claim- relevant significance, ensures examination by legal expert
- Puts the strategy for making / mitigating claims rigorously into practice.
- Draws up legally defensible claims
- Involves qualified subcontractors/ partners in a timely manner and selects subcontractors/ partners according to defined criteria and strategic viewpoints.
- Rigorously monitors the performance of the subcontractors/partners, conducts timely escalation (in the event of qualitative shortfalls and problems in cooperation) and, where there are any discrepancies, initiates timely suitable action.
Purchasing and Logistics
- Involves purchasing at an early stage in compliance with applicable Siemens procurement rules
- Leads the project with the define time, budge and quality framework to the satisfaction of the customer, ensuring business success and compliance with US GAAP
- Optimizes project profitability
- Has profit and loss responsibility for the project as defined in the approved Project Agreement
- Performs regular cost controls
- Initiates invoicing according to project progress
- Develops and implements controlling measures
- Takes account of strategic viewpoints and targets costing
Project Planning & Controlling, Completion
- Execute PM process and relevant planning elements and milestones attainments according to project categorization.
- Ongoing monitoring of project status, taking into account IFRS early identification of discrepancies and initiating targeted measures/action.
- Holds regular project status meetings and organizes acceptance of milestones attainment prepares necessary documents (e.g. MIKE =ongoing calculations).
- Managers acceptance of delivery units and services, performing quality controls
- Organizes customer acceptance tests and final project handover to customer.
- Enable and contributes to process oriented and transparent project management across all project phases.
- Ensure structured project reviews are held in conjunction with customer, Siemens AG and DoP every month or as per contract/ Project procedure manual and all relevant parties are notified
Leadership and Communications
- Ensures targeted and full communication within project team and with stakeholders (if applicable on international basis)
- Communicate project targets with key project staff, deploys staff in a focused manner and delegates defined responsibilities and authority.
- Coaches and controls the team/ individual members of staff.
- At the end of the project, holds feedback sessions with key project staff, in consultation with his/her line manager.
- Provides input in the context of EFA/ Staff Dialog.
- Seeks active feedback (e.g. from members of staff, managers, customers)
- Motivates the project team
- Abide by and comply with the Siemens business conduct guidelines
- Cooperates with line experts on Business Development
- Seeks and actively utilizes sources of information, knowledge and experience, and applying them project-specifically.
- Conducts a project closure meeting and a Lessons Learned Workshop.
- Seizes opportunities to learn from others and to exchange experience
- Review the competencies within the project team
- Ensures at all times that sites are operating in line with QA procedures, statutory, regulatory and EHS requirements.
- Abide by and comply with the Siemens Compliance and Business Conduct Guidelines. Always work and act as team player and constant Sense of mutual support.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- 10 years experience in management of complex technical projects in High Voltage Substation industry
- Outstanding engineering skills in HV Substations and related technologies
- Strategy, targets, process, rules, decision-makers, platform, IT Systems and tools Siemens Corporate Logistics Policy, internal and international rules (ZRG, AWV, INCOTERMS), Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management, Asset Management, Global Procurement Policy: Rules, structures and processes.
- Leadership knowledge e.g. team development, motivation
- Performance spectrum of own group (solutions, services, products offered)
- Sector/customer-relevant knowledge: knows the market and the competitors of the customer, as well as the customer’s strategies, business processes and decision makers.
- Performance spectrum of competitors
- Intercultural communication
- Knowledge of economies in project business: Established procedures for monitoring and control of financial aspects of project (e.g. project costing and reviewing); economic indicators (Scorecards)
- Knowledge of Contract law
- Consortium agreements, operator models, leasing; international contract law
- Requirements according to US GAAP, SOA,..
- PM methods concerning duties and responsibilities
- Project Management Tools
- Technical Knowledge
- Languages: English
- Health & Safety: Understanding the Health and Safety implications of work being carried out and the group specific industry regulations and health and safety working practices
- Management of external subcontractors (≥ 5 years)
- Has been in charge of project teams for at least 6 year (min 6 year ≥ 6 team members = direct reports in project)
What do I need to know?
- You will have managed teams made up of international members
- Ability to travel throughout Middle East and beyond is required