- The Project Director will be responsible for providing leadership to a large regional team ensuring customer satisfaction, financial performance, and technical leadership for the success of the portfolio of power generation projects with scope ranging from single unit equipment only to multi-unit, multi-site, full turnkey fast track projects. Ultimately driving and growing a portfolio of projects from contract signing to commercial operation in the region.
- Actively manage the Projects during all phases of the project lifecycle including engineering, manufacturing, shipping and delivery, installation, commissioning, commercial operation and contract closeout
- Customer contact responsible for resolving technical / commercial issues, managing communications, providing periodic updates and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ensure the project is delivered on time, in compliance with contract requirements, standards of quality, safety and to Customer and GE expectations
- Overall owner and responsible manager for coordinating GE Energy functional teams including engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, logistics, finance, parts and services necessary to meet the project needs.
- Manage technical and commercial risk including contract changes, margin erosion, receivables, liquidated damages / claims and effective project closeout.
- Be responsible for project financial performance of the portfolio.
- Be a leader for overall project cost control and margin enhancement
- Identify Create margin enhancement opportunities via Contract Change Order for additional equipment and services
- Ensure timely financial performance driving past dues and cash collections.
- Lead project team in presentation of project reviews in order to identify and manage risks, monitor financial and operational performance against the project baseline and initiate corrective action where appropriate.
- Participate in six sigma / quality improvement activities for the purpose of improving project execution quality and customer satisfaction
- Travel in support of project meetings (domestic and international)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Technology field of study or a minimum 5 years of gas turbine generator technical experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the power generation industry, with a minimum of 5 years of customer facing project management experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Multi-lingual (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, or other regional languages) Strong process focus / mindset; experience with project management processes and best practices Experience in working with customers at senior levels, and with leading negotiations and settlements Demonstrated leadership skills, and experience with leading a diverse team with members in remote offices Flexible and willing to travel (international) approx 25% or more as needed Flexible to support meetings and conferences accommodating multiple time zones Green belt certified (GE only)