The Senior Project Manager will define, scope, initiate and manage large company projects of moderate risk, complexity, and visibility while supporting the business. Typical scope of the projects will be greater than 6 months, involve more than 10 FTEs which are cross functional and/or globally dispersed and be a project that is critical to the company meeting its objectives.
Project and / or Programs areas may include:
Infrastructure & On-line product development
- Annual development and enhancement pipeline of our On-line products and services; core products include: www.westlaw.com & www.lawtel.com
- Global on-line development pipeline
- Annual Business Systems pipeline
- Platform & Data Centre enhancements and refreshes
-Business tenders & acquisitions
- Supporting Custom Web Solutions team in responses to ITT and delivery as required
- Integration of software and tools acquired through acquisitions
- Defines, documents and executes projects of extreme high risk, complexity and visibility, actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Drafts feasibility studies, risk assessments and statements of work.
- May develop or assist in developing business cases for large projects with significant impact to company goals.
- Responsible for producing all typical project documentation: Proposal documents/Business Cases, Project Charter, Roadmaps, Detailed project plans, Schedules, Risks and Issues Logs, Change Logs, Status Reports, Exception Reports, Cost Trackers, Post Implementation Reviews
- Determines project methodology.
-Act as subject matter expert in the area of project management tools and techniques, possibly providing mentoring to other team members.
- Defines project scope and objectives.
- Agrees scope and constraints to enable costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to be estimated.
- Has responsibility to ensure project deliverables are demonstrably fit for purpose.
- Gains commitments to ensure corrective actions are taken if costs, timescales or resources deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Manages the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project stakeholders and ensure full impacts of significant changes are understood by project stakeholders.
- Ensures all parties are aware of project scope and milestones. Highlights divergence from that scope, and adjusts it where necessary to reflect changing circumstances, acts a communication liaison.
- Responsible for own project/program budget. Manages financials and produces financial reports as needed.
- Ensures compliance with the Technology QMS and project lifecycle.
- May undertake limited UK travel as required
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies Required
- Project Delivery: Expert
- Project Staff Management: Fully Competent
- Project Communication: Expert
- Project 3rd Party Management: Fully Competent
- Improving Project Performance: Expert
- Decision Making: Expert
- Organizational Change: Fully Competent
- Financial Management: Fully Competent
- Business Knowledge: Working Knowledge
- Project Dependency Management: Expert
- Proven track-record of successful delivery of project and/or programmes within complex Business environment, preferably in an online, media and/or publishing environment.
- Full understanding of software processes and different lifecycle methodologies.
- Sound financial acumen, in particular regarding the creation of the business case and subsequent project financial reporting.
- Strong customer-facing and presentational skills, and credible with senior management.
- Educated to degree standard desirable
- Significant project management, programme experience
- Experience of managing multi party developments (including 3rd parties), preferably with international scope.
- Project Management certification (PMI, PRINCE2, AGILE or Six Sigma)
- Experience of Quality Management systems desirable
- Experience in the Publishing, On-line or Media Industry desirable