We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Project Manager to work from our Dubai based offices.
Reporting to the General Manager Business Systems, you will be responsible for leading a project team in delivering a solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract. You will have overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. You will manage all project resources, including subcontractors, and for establish an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer. A key part of your role will be to provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer.
Your duties will include:
- Developing the project plan
- Dividing project into manageable phases
- Coordinate project planning, tasks, issue management and track to the project plan
- Assist with all aspects of the change management processes with the customer
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis of technical solution
- Ensure solution is one that satisfies stakeholder needs, meets system requirements, meets standards, and facilitates subsequent change
- Manage day to day operational aspects of a project and the scope thereof
- Minimise business exposure and risk on the project
- Ensure all projection documentation completed
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Formal accreditation in Program or Project Management (e.g. PMP, APM, PRINCE2)
• A sound project management background and thorough knowledge of underlying project methodologies and approaches
• Working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• 7-10 years' of IT work experience including 4 or more years managing projects in multiple technologies and functions.
• Core competence in Planning, Cost estimating, Risk management, Resource Management and project delivery
• Extensive experience managing in a cross-functional team environment
• Experience working with technical and non-technical teams across a broad range of IT disciplines
• Ability to demonstrate leadership potential and engage with key stakeholders at senior levels in the business
• Candidate should have good interpersonal skills for dealing with internal and external customers as well as a diverse staff group
• Skilled in managing several teams at once
Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
Financial Management - Understands cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly