To provide support of QA/QC services to the company. Coordinate the monitoring, inspection and reporting the project QA/QC work activities, based on current company and industry practices’. Specifically, to provide support in maintaining the company’s Quality
Management Systems (QMS).
QMS will cover Quality activities relating to design & procurement, fabrication / construction / installation / commissioning and operational readiness and initial operations, in addition to the Technical Integrity Verification Plan and an Integrated Audit & Review Plan for verifying company QMS implementation. Identify non-conformances, deficiencies, corrective actions, and areas for improvement. Conduct and Coordinate Inspection and surveillance activities at the various sites and vendors, Inspecting, monitoring, reviewing and reporting of EPIC and Sub-Contractors QMS implementation, ITPs, documentation, NDT reviews and results, FATs), NCRs, Audit actions follow ups
- Support in monitoring the implementation of the company’s Project Quality Management System, including Quality Plans and procedures, to cover design, procurement, fabrication / construction, installation, commissioning, operational readiness, Technical Integrity Verification Plan for technical integrity during the design, fabrication /
construction, installation, commissioning, operational readiness and initial operations and operational phases of project development.
- Coordinate and implement the company’s Project ITPs, covering all key project activities, contractors and work locations.
- Monitor, review and formally report to the Head of QA/QC with respect to EPIC and Sub-Contractors ITPs, NDT results, NCRs, Audit follow up actions etc.
- Support the Audit/Review Plan which combines and coordinates the project’s plans to assure compliance with the project QMS and the Contractors and Vendor’s QMSs,. Monitor the status of audit/review action follow ups.
- Act as support point for any appointed Third (independent) Verification Body.
- Support the development of quality measurement criteria / KPIs and report on quality assurance and control issues/ trends.
- Support the ongoing quality awareness program for GIOGP project staff and contractors.
- A thorough understanding of Quality Management Systems, Technical Integrity Verification Schemes/Plans, Shell Quality Management System, matched with a vision of the importance of fit-for-purpose / fit-for-life technical requirements and the ability to
translate the vision into practical solutions.
- Have a sound understanding of and be capable of following technical standards applied.
- Have a sound knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices as they relate to QA/QC.
- Have a sound knowledge in Mechanical Engineering, WPS/PQR, WPQT witness and reviews, welding processes, particular knowledge of Duplex / S.S / C.S materials welding.
- Have a sound knowledge of Welder qualification testing (WQT) for structural and piping applications.
- Have a sound knowledge in NDT procedures and processes (UT/RT/PT/MTetc) their application, review, tracking and reporting controls.
- Have a sound familiarity of oil and gas codes and standards eg, ASME, AWS, API, etc.
- Have a sound knowledge of design, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning activities.
- Ability to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, including Contractors and Vendors.
- Be able to communicate effectively with contacts of different cultural backgrounds.
- To work effectively with other staff and contractors within the Project.
- Be suitably qualified and experienced to ensure that the Quality Management System requirements are delivered effectively and credibly.
- Be able to read and write fluently in the English language.
- Skilled in Computer use, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Exchange.
- Ability to travel to all project locations.
- A strong and committed team player.
Required Education and Experience:
- Engineering/Science graduate in Electrical engineering.
- At least 12 years project experience in the Oil Industry with at least 7 years as a Senior QA/QC Inspector.
- Have demonstrable experience in Quality Management Systems and a sound working knowledge of ISO 9000(2000) and elements.
- Have current membership of NDT/ Quality related Institute.
- Current qualification in Inspection (CSWIP Senior Inspector (TWI), or BGAS/ERS (UK) Front end Inspector).
- Current qualification in NDT interpretation (ACCP/ASNT Level II RT/UT Interpretation) or equivalent.