- Broadcast Media
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 1 - 3 years
- Employment Type
- Male or Female
- Strong qualitative research skills (study design, sampling, data collection, moderating, data management, data analysis, interpretation of data and insightful reporting etc.)
- Good knowledge of quantitative research techniques and how they inform qualitative research methods;
- Experience supervisor and running field research teams, for qualitative studies as well as quantitative studies;
- Ability to work closely with a production team (internal or external) in applying research findings to media outputs; A good grasp of, or enthusiasm to learn about, communication strategies and development issues; Experience of writing precise and clear reports and briefing documents; Ability to multitask rd deliver promptly; Good IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Result oriented and commitment to excellence; Transparent judgement and decision making, and l1gh level of professionalism.
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment; Result oriented and commitment to excellence;
- Ability to multitask and deliver promptly. Ability to speak and write Hausa is a key requirement.
- Support the effective design, co-ordination and delivery of research for all BBC Media Actions projects across a range of different themes (e.g. health and governance), comprising of qualitative formative studies, process research (e.g. pre-testing of outputs) and impact evaluation;
- Support the procurement, commissioning, facilitating and monitoring of research and outreach inputs (e.g. focus group sessions, panel studies, case studies, listening groups, quantitative studies / surveys etc), including negotiations on technical matters with BBC Media Action staff and external agencies, working to budget and deadline requirements;
- To be primarily responsible for qualitative research activities conducted by BBC Media Action, using innovative and suitable methodologies; undertake the conduct of all research sampling, research instrument design (e.g. discussion guide, recruiting questionnaire), data collection, data analysis and report writing when required.
- Support the analyses of qualitative data primarily and quantitative data (when required), interpreting and communicating learnings from primary and secondary research work in order to help senior management, project management, production, and training teams to draw insights from the data that will be useful in the design of activities;
- Undertake the communication of findings / leamings to internal teams and external organizations as may be required;
- Undertake line management of direct reports and the supervision of research work of other team members to include (but not limited to) the following:
- Work with junior team members to design their work plans/timelines/itineraries in accordance with overall departmental and / or organizational workplans
- Oversee the implementation of tasks assigned to junior team members; undertake day to day tracking of team members’ workplan/ tasks to ensure delivery to time and quality
- Conduct appraisals/performance development reviews with junior team members
- Support the development of team members capacity/skills
- Maintain the liaison with other BBC Media Action partners (NGO, Civil Society Organizations, arid listening groups) to monitor quality control and timely delivery of projects
- Oversee planning and implementation of study fieldwork, site selection, recruitment of respondents, date collection, data storage and data processing.
- Oversee travel planning, including risk assessments;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- A first degree in the Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Behavioural sciences, the Humanities or any other relevant field;
- A Master’s degree in any of the disciplines above will be an added advantage; Strong research experience in qualitative research.
- Ability to speak and write one or more of the following Nigerian Languages: Hausa, Yoruba and / or Igbo.