Experience in upstream oil & gas
Our client is a leading FTSE 100 company, providing integrated services across the oil and gas asset life cycle in 29 countries worldwide.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and focused Safety Engineer to join their team reporting through to the Lead/Principal Engineer.
In this role you will:
- Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables.
- Supports/ organises the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Identify requirements and scope of work; review Basis of Design, philosophies, specifications, and other relevant documents. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/contract to Lead/Principal Engineer. Supports discipline input to regular Project reporting.
- Undertaking specific tasks/area of work as defined by the Lead/Principal Engineer, including Safety Studies, Registers, HAZID/HAZOP, HSE Plan, Hazardous Area layouts, Firewater Design, Fire & Gas Cause & Effects, Safety Critical Elements, Input to Safety Case, HSE Layouts and Summary Charts.
- Competent to review and check work carried out by other engineers, as delegated by Lead/Principal Engineer.
- Ensuring equipment compatibility and conformance with client specifications and requirements. (Per Contract).
- Ensures compliance with Petrofac’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Complying with other Petrofac accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
- Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifyingemployee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
- Interfaces with other disciplines as necessary to ensure integrated and optimal design.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Lead/Principal Engineer
Worthy candidates for the role have the following:
- Exposure to Consultancy, FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
- In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes i.e. British Standard BS, ASME, IBR, EJMA, AWWA, ANSI, API, NFPA and IS standards and codes.
- Knowledge of Safety standards & codes, and Quality procedures.
- Activity Scheduling and discipline work priorities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- The candidate for this post must possess a minimum of a good first degree in Engineering or in any other relevant field(s) of study
- COREN registered – a must
- At least 7 years industrial experience in HSE in regard to engineering;
- Good project management skills
- Experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
As an employer of choice, they will provide you:
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career develo