You will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering class-leading web-based and mobile-based applications using the most appropriate technology. The post holder will also maintain and support existing software applications for Defence and Commercial organisations and carry out research and development tasks, to be considered for future products, in areas such as mobile development, 3d environments and augmented reality. In addition, you will be required to build successful relationships with customers to gather requirements and providing advice on business processes and potential solutions.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a computing or related relevant subject
- Experience in the following packages: Visual Studio 2012, ASP.Net (2.0 – 4.5), C#, SQL Server 2008/2012
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience in ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework
- A solid understanding of user interaction and the importance of suitable interface design
- Proven experience of requirements gathering, system architecting and software design specifications
- Experience of writing high quality written reports for customers including the documentation of requirements, user interface specifications, proposals or supporting the writing of bids
- The ability to work as part of a team, taking instruction from other senior and principal developers, developing to existing specifications or requirements under the direction of the Project Manager
The following experience is also advantageous although not essential:
- Experience in producing mobile applications for iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Android devices, either natively or using packages such as PhoneGap.
- Capability in augmented reality and 3d environments
- Leading Agile teams, using tools like TFS and Trello to manage projects effectively