As a Senior Software Developer, you will play a key role in the re-architecture of our entire system. This utilises a unified technology stack including PHP, Zend Framework 2, Scala, MySQL and Apache SOLR using a web services oriented architecture.
Collaborating with other members of a geographically dispersed delivery team, you will design and develop exciting new products which will enhance our capabilities.
You will contribute to the continued development and maintenance of several high-traffic, high availability websites.
Additionally, you will use the available project management tools to communicate progress and any issues that you encounter.
You will also document systems, procedures and processes that are relevant to our client's suite of applications.
You must have at least five years' software development experience and a degree in computer science or a related field. It is also essential to have experience of the following:
- OOP, design patterns, MVC and web UI design and development targeted at mobile devices
- Managing and configuring application in a LAMP solution stack
- Developing and working with web-based APIs
- Version control in a team environment especially with Git
- Search software such as Lucene and Solr
- Relational databases, especially MySQL
- Messaging solutions, especially RabbitMQ
An understanding of Agile methodology is also essential.
As a Senior Software Developer, a hands-on approach is key. The successful candidate will be someone who is focused and dedicated to producing amazing, dynamic products. They must be an innovator with exceptional problem solving abilities and a winning mentality where satisfactory is just not good enough.