- Working with the Software Product Implementation Technical lead, Project Managers and Implementation Consultants on the technical aspects of the Equipment Health Monitoring products arising from its implementation for our customers and the introduction of new product releases.
- Translating Customer Requirements into high level deployment and technical requirements.
- Translating high level deployment and technical requirements into detailed specifications & scripts
- Configuring OSyS software implementations in accordance with the deployment packs and detailed specifications
- Planning, designing and conducting tests of the deployment and implementations; correcting errors and re-testing to achieve an error-free result.
- Documenting all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Providing guidance and assistance to colleagues in Equipment Health Product Implementation (product architecture, deployment, testing and documentation).
- Taking part in evaluations of technical issues with Equipment Health Product Software and raising Change Requests into Product Development or Implementation activities as appropriate.
- Carrying out Implementation process improvement assignments as part of a team, applying knowledge, skills and expertise.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Scientific, Computing or Engineering discipline, with a minimum of two years experience on a software engineering role
- Extensive experience with Oracle DB or SQL Server 2005/2008 experience - Able to create and interpret SQL queries and stored procedures
- SQL Server 2005/2008 experience - Able to create and interpret SQL queries and stored procedures
- Understanding of Project delivery and software/system integration;
- Ability to investigate and resolve technical software issues
- Pre-empt potential issues with system and data integrity
- Able to work independently (with some initial support)/as part of a team to meet project deliverables.
- Being proactive and where necessary discussing technical details with OSyS experts to resolve issues.
- Methodical approach to delivering solutions with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills:- Able to deal with internal/external customers to meet SLA's/deliverables
- Experience configuring Internet Information Services (IIS 6 and/or 7)
- Experience configuring MOSS 2007 (SharePoint)
- Experience using TALEND or similar ETL package
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) would be useful