To design & Support IT- solutions for the EK Group. Working as part of a design & Support team, the Senior Technical Engineer will design, develop, support and deliver robust and cost effective solutions for both Business and IT led initiatives including solution development and cost estimations, Configuration and Deployment & Business Case Development & Approval. To support, contribute and ensure solution compliance to the enterprise architecture, production processes, QMS and other EG-IT standards.
- Provide expert technical consultancy and guidance to EG-IT dealing within the technology area and act as lead technical member in the Project team delivering the work packages assigned.
- Develop IT Solutions that meet customer requirements. Ensure that the design is robust, appropriate and of high quality and conforming to Corporate standards and in line with the technical strategy.
- Ensure that the developed architecture/solution meets the service level requirements in terms of expected availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability.
- Collaborate with other EG-IT Technology Teams to implement ongoing monitoring of the relevant technology to ensure severity 1 & 2 Incidents are configured within EMS.
- Collaborate with EG-IT to identify and define standards and metrics on the relevant technology. Monitor current performance and to ensure appropriate levels of capacity, quality, service level and resources and solutions are optimally tuned.
- Provide guidance to Project managers / Technology Team Managers for solution definition, technical design and development of in house developed solutions. These are to be delivered as per agreed costs and timescales to meet signed off functional, technical and process requirements.
- Ensure that assigned problems are defined and analyzed inline with the Problem Management Process. Ensure that solutions to problems meet the architectural and security standards within the technology area and impact to the business is minimized.
- Ensure that assigned incidents are resolved within the agreed Service Levels and where applicable, workarounds are provided to minimize business impact and Own & manage changes within the Technology Area to ensure least impact on the business.
- Publish and maintain high quality documentation for technology area. Working within the standard templates and documentation guidelines which includes detailed design, configuration details, support procedures, operations manuals and deployment architecture.
- Manage End of Life replacement of equipment and/or software within the technology area to ensure conformance to technical standards and support the Technology initiatives and directions.
Information Technology.Network : 5+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Degree in a subject relevant to IT Specialised technical experience, within a business IT environment. It would be advantage to have Knowledge of ITIL processes, IBM storage systems, Hitachi Storage systems, Symantec NetBackup, Windows 2008/2012 administration, VMWare 4/5 environments, RedHat Linux 5/6, RHDS, RHN and large scale AD deployments in a heterogeneous environment would be an advantage.