The Senior Technical Manager will set up and implement the operational rules for the execution of the VoC Nigeria. He will be the unique and central point to support and guide the Cotecna network to ensure standardized and quality execution of the files. This position will report directly to the Contract Manager.
The work requires a strong sense of organization, pragmatism and autonomy as well as an excellent ability to maintain high quality relationships with internal and external clients. Virtual team management (experts) is required
This position is highly sensitive due to its central and unique role in the network and its close connections with the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). Remuneration will be consistent with the level of responsibility.
- Act as a first level of support of all Execution Offices on a daily basis
- Bring to the executing and Liaison offices in the network the appropriate technical support when needed
- Train executing and Liaison offices on particularities of the contract execution when needed
- Ensure that the operations are performed as per set rules and other documents that may be relevant (IFIA code of practice, ISO 17020 accreditation etc.).
- Monitor and follow up claims and complaints from the trade community (exporters /importers)
- Liaise with SON whenever needed to tackle technical issues or suggest improvement in the process.
- Update, distribute and ensure consistency of the operation documentation linked to the program
- Ensure the availability of all relevant Nigerian standards to the network
- Monitor data quality related to the execution of the files in the IT system
- Deliver timely and accurate operational reporting to SON as per contract
- BA/BS in technical discipline or equivalent
- At least 5 years min experience in Conformity Assessment, Product Certification or similar activity
- Practical knowledge of accreditation process and requirements
- Good knowledge of international trade practices
- Technical background
- Internal and external clients oriented
- Builds teams, is capable of leading virtual teams
- Effective technical leadership
- Attention to details. Operations-oriented.
- Multi-task capacities
- Ability to innovate/optimize the processes/procedures
- Capacity to write clear and straightforward instructions and procedures
- Ability to negotiate, to be persuasive
- Internal auditing knowledge and experience is a plus