Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure technical soundness in the implementation of FHI 360’s health systems strengthening grants.
- Provide technical assistance in different health systems strengthening aspects using the six WHO building blocks and a reference guide.
- Collaborate with the relevant federal, state and LGA departments/agencies and other partners to develop innovative technical strategies, tools and systems to strengthen health systems at all levels.
- Provide on behalf of FHI 360, inputs/technical assistance to GON, FHI 360 partners and IAs on health systems strengthening and laboratory policies, strategies and proposal development processes.
- Contribute to the development of FHI 360 Nigeria’s health systems strengthening strategy and work plans that clearly address the WHO HSS building blocks.
- Demonstrate and document links between planned health systems work and improving, scaling-up and sustaining FHI 360’s health programs.
- Identify new funding opportunities for health systems strengthening and health systems research and contribute to proposal development processes.
- Develop and implement framework for capacity development for the different departments in the design and implementation of evidence-based health systems policies and practices related to their technical programs and units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.