- The job holder will be a member of the Strategic Information team and will be responsible for leading program monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Provide leadership and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to program sites in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement
- Manage the program's reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete data are sent to the program office on a periodic basis, or when required
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites and provide supportive supervision
- Share program output data with the program team
- Monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets
- Work in collaboration with other members of the team to follow up on Monitoring & Evaluation Committees at the program sites to ensure the promotion of data utilization by relevant end users
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to strengthen M&E
- Contribute to the development and review of appropriate data collection tools and procedures for all monitoring and reporting needs.
- Contribute to the periodic review of the organization's quality improvement protocol, in line with national protocol.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Medical Degree (MBBS or equivalent), a Master's Degree in Public Health (MPH) and a minimum of six (6) years relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, and planning and executing program evaluation.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Working knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation, and program management
- Knowledge of HIV prevention, treatment and care, including knowledge of current HIV guidelines and standards, especially with respect to monitoring and evaluation
- Good analytical skills, knowledge of statistics & good knowledge of statistical methods and packages
- Familiarity with USG/CDC HIV program reporting requirements
- Ability to organize and coordinate training programs
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Report writing and oral/written communication skills
- Ability and readiness to travel at least 25% of work time.