- The Senior Technical Officer (Program/MERL) will provide oversight of all monitoring & evaluation activities of the Project.
- The Senior Officer will ensure that monitoring systems meet the requirements of the donor and that performance results can be used for continuous improvement.
- He or she will supervise the design and development of program specific Performance Monitoring Plans.
- The Senior MERL Officer will adapt existing Pact Nigeria monitoring tools, as well as propose new ways of measuring change through the use of both quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, analysis of secondary data, and, where appropriate, remote monitoring techniques.
- S/he will strengthen staff and partners capacity in qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation tools through comprehensive staff training and coaching.
- Postgraduate or Master degree in Development Studies, Research Methods, Statistics, Social Sciences, Measurement and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management or other relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of active M&E work experience in development programming required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Epi-Info, Epi-Data, SPSS, Access, DHIS, SQL, and any other statistical packages.