- Must possess good program management experience
- Must have at least seven years working experience within both clinical and community activities (of which a minimum of three years managing/supervising an HIV community based program).
- Knowledgeable about care and support needs of PLHIVs
- Experience with establishing networks to facilitate access program deliverables
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and the prevalent local dialect of the community
- Counseling experience
- Experience with clinical management of HIV, as well as community education, advocacy and mobilization skills
- Ability to work as a team-member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary
- Must be flexible to deal with both the changing needs of the health facility and patients in the community
- Must be someone who is committed to upholding confidentiality of HIV patients at all times
- Should be reliable, proactive and visionary
- Must be creative in program design/planning and implementation towards achieving set goals.